6 things to know about Workshop Notebook
- The Music Thing Modular Workshop Notebook is a 100 page ring-bound A5 notebook made for designing electronics, in particular Eurorack synth modules.
- The book includes: 40 pages of dotted notepad paper. The dots are on the 100mil / 2.54mm grid used by most thru-hole electronic components. It’s easy to sketch actual-size layouts, but also works fine drawing schematics, logos, comic strips or lists of ideas.
- There are also 40 pages of blank Eurorack panel layouts, from 2hp to 34hp. There are 145 blank panels in total, including 1U Intellijel and PulpLogic tiles.
- At the back are 10 pages of rational troubleshooting worksheets, with advice, tips and a structured method for calm troubleshooting when something doesn’t work first time.
- The inside covers contain at-a-glance data and information; pinouts for common chips and sockets, musical frequency tables, standard op-amp configurations.
- Finally, there are also lists of recommended reading, sources of ideas and records to listen to while soldering…
Me, in my shed (with a beard!) explaining the notebook